Safer Recruitment Training Course
Our online courses become indexed reference documents once completed, accessible at any time.
A thorough, detailed and fully up to date Safer Recruitment training course essential for all those involved with recruitment of personnel to work or volunteer directly with children, young people, adults at risk, their families and carers. The course can be completed in about two hours.
Whether you are recruiting for the first time, or want to update your recruitment procedure, this course will take you through the entire process, in detail.
Compliant with the latest legislation (including post Brexit changes), government guidance and with direct links to local Safeguarding Partnerships, Boards and Protection Committees across the UK, this course covers the entire safer recruitment process from identifying the need to recruit through to appointment and subsequent induction, training and supervision.
At the end of the course useful recruitment resources, including a template Single central record (SCR), can be downloaded along with a personalised and dated certificate, valid for two years.
After completion, candidates have open access to the whole course and all downloads, allowing it to be used as a reference document.
The programme comprises six units, with case studies throughout:
- How to take the course
- Key points
- Safeguarding legislation comparison downloads (UK wide)
- Intro quiz
|Advertising, application, short listing and interviewing
- Applicant's Pack, design and content
- Advertising Requirements
- Interview Planning
- What must be included if working with childen and young people
- What must be included if working with adults at risk
- Relevant legislation with links and downloads
- Equality act and Data protection
- Single Central Record - design and use
- All the key steps to creating or updating a Safer Recruitment Policy
|Due diligence, appointment, induction, supervision, training
- Checking ID
- Checking Qualifications
- Checking References
- Risk Assessing Self Disclosures and Criminal Records Checks
- DBS Update Service
- Induction, Training and Supervision
|Defining the post
- The post and Safer Recruitment
- CQC, Ofsted and Charity Commission requirements
- Personal Specifications
- Recruiting Under 18s
- Criminal Records Checks
- Certificates of Good Conduct and ICPC's
- Job Description
|Course assessment test, downloads and feedback
- Course Assessment Test, 70% pass mark required.
- Links and downloads relevant to the course.
- Download Course Certificate
This course meets the training and recruitment requirements of the Care Quality Commission (CQC), Office for Standards in Education (Ofsted), the Charity Commission and other regulatory bodies across the UK, Ireland and the Channel islands; along with the educational criteria for Level Three required for verifiable enhanced Continuing Professional Development under the General Dental Council's Lifelong Learning Scheme. It represents 4 hours of verifiable CPD, learning outcomes A, B and D.
Please see our T&C for usage/refund details.