We are currently recruiting;
Established in 1999, SAFE is a non-profit organisation with the sole objective of helping make safeguarding services as accessible as possible to those who need them. We offer safeguarding training, DBS checks and safeguarding support services to a wide variety of clients; from leisure, healthcare and educational organisations, to charities and small voluntary groups. You will be working as part of a small friendly team, at our head office in Eye, Suffolk.
We're different to many other companies as we actively help charities, good causes and vountary groups by giving them discounted and free of charge access to our services. When you work with us, you are working for a company that cares.
We are looking for friendly, helpful people who are willing to donate some time to help support our trainers on an ad hoc basis, when we hold face to face training events.
Our sessions run for either a half, or full day and we also offer training in the evenings.
We are looking for people who can:
- Greet guests and signpost them to the training room
- Prepare and clear away drinks, light refreshments and crockery etc
- Monitor stock levels of refreshments
- Set up projector/laptop/tables and chairs, in readiness for sessions
- Tidy away crockery etc, following session delivery
- Travel expenses (45p per mile, or actual cost o fpublic transport)
- Free drinks and light refreshments
- Reference for CV
- Attend our annual safeguarding conference, free of charge
- Opportunity to extend the volunteering support role, to encompass administrative support to our office team
Our volunteers work directly with our trainers, who are drawn from police, social care, health and education backgrounds. Each session is usually booked with 4 – 6 weeks’ notice, however last minute bookings do occur so some flexibility in the hours in which support is provided is required. If you feel you can help, please get in touch with us.
To apply for a volunteering role with us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for an application form. Questions also welcome, regretfully CVs will not be considered.